In its running business VasDeBlock medical ApS, Storkevaenget 8, 4653 Karise, Denmark (“VasDeBlock”) is collecting and using personal information. This covers personal information about employees, customers, partners, health care professionals, end-users, job applicants, persons who act on behalf of any of the previous mentioned, and other persons who engage with VasDeBlock. VasDeBlock’s Privacy Notice applies to the collection and use of personal information in general, but VasDeBlock may make specific notices for certain collection and usage.
The purpose of this information is to give you – if you are a person VasDeBlock holds information about – easy access to information about VasDeBlock’s collection and use of your personal data. Below you will find more information about different aspects of VasDeBlock’s handling of personal data.
From where do we collect information?
VasDeBlock may collect information about you from different sources which may be
1. from direct interaction (e.g. when you participate in meetings or phone calls)
2. when you visit our website, exchange emails with us, use our online forms and services, engage with us via social media and other platforms
3. from other sources (e.g. hospitals and health care providers that request products for you)
Why do we collect the information?
VasDeBlock is processing personal information for a variety of purposes that depend on the nature of our relationship with you. For example may we process information:
1. about contact persons (e.g. health care professionals) from our customers and partners to deliver products and services to comply with quality and safety requirements and to maintain and improve our offerings
2. about our end-users to deliver products (e.g. when required by a hospital), to comply with quality and safety requirements, to provide samples or services to the end-users, and to maintain and improve our offerings
3. about job applicants to handle job applications and to maintain and improve our recruiting processes
4. about persons who have signed up to receive newsletters and other materials to deliver the materials and to maintain and improve our offerings
5. about cookies to provide tailored advertising on social media
In case you wish to request our provision of services, products, newsletters and other materials or apply for a job we need certain personal information to handle your request. You are not obligated to provide the information but it is not possible for us to handle your request if you choose not to comply.
VasDeBlock complies with applicable data privacy law including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). We use your information to maintain and improve our offerings and processes by testing, analyzing and making reports, statistics and market research to eliminate technical errors and to pursue our legitimate interests in maintaining and improving the quality of your user experience as well as our products, services and business.
VasDeBlock protects your personal information and will only allow it to be used for the mentioned purposes. VasDeBlock will not sell your personal information to third parties or in similar ways send it to third parties for their exploitation.
Who will be handling the information?
The recipients of your personal information are the VasDeBlock employees responsible for handling the information for the specific purpose in question. All personal information is handled on a need to know basis only. In some cases the information is stored or handled by third party processors that assist VasDeBlock with a specific service, such as hosting and IT service providers, recruitment firms (in case of job applicants) and logistics firms (in case they need your information to distribute products or other materials to you). The third party processors will only process the information in accordance with VasDeBlock’s instructions and for VasDeBlock’s purposes. They will not share the information with others, and they will delete the information when their tasks are completed.
If public authorities request access to your information we make a legal assessment of the request, and if applicable law requires us to disclose the information, we will comply with the request. You will be notified in accordance with applicable law in the event of any such disclosure of your information.
For how long will we store the information?
VasDeBlock stores information as long as it is relevant for the purpose(s) it is being used for, unless applicable law requires us to retain it for a longer period of time. We will retain your information:
1. until ten years after the last delivery, unless applicable law requires us to delete it earlier or store it for a longer period of time, to provide you with products or services
2. no longer than six months after end of the end of the application process, unless applicable law requires us to retain it for a longer period of time to handle job your application
3. until you withdraw the consent to send you newsletters or other materials based on your consent
How do we transfer information securely?
VasDeBlock and its hosting provider(s) maintain server(s) around the world and your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country you live in. Data protection laws vary among countries with some providing more protection than others. Regardless of where your information is processed, we apply the same protections described in this policy.
What are your rights?
Under GDPR, you have the following rights in respect of the data we process about you:
- Right to access: You are entitled to get access to the data we are processing about you
- Right to rectify: You are entitled to have rectified any inaccurate data we are processing about you
- Right to erasure: In certain situations you are entitled to have your data deleted before the general time for deletion according to our retention rules
- Right to restrict processing: In certain situations you are entitled to restrict our processing of your data. In such cases we are only entitled, apart from storage, to process such data for handling legal claims, to protect the rights of another natural person, or for reasons of important public interest
- Right to withdraw consent: In certain situations, VasDeBlock may collect and use your personal information on the basis of your explicit consent. If this is the case, you will have received a specific written notice from VasDeBlock that will contain further details. You are entitled to withdraw any such consent at any time, and VasDeBlock will then cease to use such personal information
- Right to object: In certain situations you are entitled to object to our processing of your data
- Right to data portability: In certain situations you are entitled to receive your data in a structured, commonly used format and have it transferred to a third party on your request
If you want to exercise any of the above rights please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In the event you are dissatisfied with our processing of your personal information you may file complaints to VasDeBlock’s Data Protection Officer. You are also entitled to file complaints with the relevant supervisory authority. In Denmark the relevant authority is the Danish Data Protection Agency. You can read more on the official website where you can also access the guideline on subject rights.
How to get in contact
VasDeBlock as user of your information is a data controller.
VasDeBlock has appointed a Data Protection Officer. Inquires to the Data Protection Officer may be directed by sending an email to email@example.com or by regular mail to VasDeBlock medical ApS, Storkevaenget 8, 4653 Karise, Denmark. Att: Data Protection Officer
Updates and legal information
VasDeBlock reserves the right to make changes to this privacy notice. These changes will takeimmediate effect upon posting.
This privacy notice shall, save for mandatory local law, be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Denmark and be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Denmark.
Revision: 20 March 2019